Indulge in fresh traditional Mexican Cuisine.
Included with your reservation is the best beach bar-b-que the Mayan Coast has to offer. We grill up arrecherra – a Mexican skirt steak marinated in Mayan herbs and seasonings, chicken seasoned with local spices , fish swimming in white wine and garlic butter, and our traditional Mayan favorite cochinita pibyl. Wrap these up in a freshly made flour tortilla, add onion, cilantro, tomato, guacamole, cheese, and your choice of salsas and prepare yourself for a flavor fiesta. Tempt your taste buds with a heaping helping of our famous charro beans and you may never return to the cruise ship.
Maya Chan Beach serves only fresh meats, fish, and vegetables. All food items are thoroughly cleaned with purified water prior to serving. Our food service staff is licensed by the state of Quintana Roo and each carries an up-to-date state-issued health permit.
- Tender and juicy skirt steak marinated in local spices
- Pollo Asada
- Grilled chicken washed with traditional Mayan Achiote seasonings and sour oranges
- White Sea Bass marinated in white wine and baked in garlic butter
- Cochinita Pibyl
- Traditional Mayan pork dish seasoned and wrapped in banana leaves, then baked overnight in a slow oven. This unique dish is similar to a Mexican pulled pork
- Charro Beans
- Our own Mexican bean recipe with bacon, chorizo, onions, and peppers
- Freshly cooked flour tortillas
- Pico de gallo
- Homemade fresh salsa
- Homemade fresh guacamole
- Tortilla Chips
- Homemade tortilla chips
- Manchego Cheese
- Freshly grated, similar to American Monterey Jack
- Green Tomatillo
- Homemade mild salsa
- Red Salsa
- Homemade spicy and it’s Mexico, so we mean spicy