Maya Chan Beach is excited to welcome you home! We would like to make you aware of several changes that have been made to insure your safety while visiting us in Costa Maya.
We have used the past few months to re-invent both ourselves and the property. Maya Chan Beach has completed the “Certification of Sanitary Protection and Prevention in a Tourist Installation” and is certified by the government of Quintana Roo, Mexico. We are currently in the vetting process with cruise lines and our priority continues to be safeguarding the health and wellbeing of our guests, employees, and suppliers.
We have implemented a series of enhanced safety and hygiene protocols to ensure your visit to our Little Mayan Beach is safe:
- Reduction to 60% capacity of the beach resort per day. – yes, now it''s even harder to get reservations!
- Private transportation for each group of guests – No more meeting new friends on the road!
- Vehicles used for transporting guests are properly certified, cleaned and disinfected prior to each trip, enforced by local law: https://qroo.gob.mx/imoveqroo/sars-cov-2
- Your temperature will be taken at our meeting spot and guests will be asked to use the provided hand sanitizers. – yes, we are still located outside the port!
- Upon arrival at MCB, and departure, we will ask you to disinfect your hands and we will be applying a disinfecting solution to all footwear before entering. – can't be too clean!
- Additional hand cleaning stations using 70% alcohol-based disinfectant gel dispensers, are now properly identified and distributed throughout our facilities. washy washy!
- All guests are required to wear face coverings while visiting Maya Chan, except while in private areas or while using sporting equipment, that would just be weird!
- We’ve added signage throughout MCB to reinforce basic hygiene measures. Just in case you forget!
- All physical distancing protocols will be enforced. Guests must maintain a six foot distance from other guests while in all common areas. No more dancing on the bar!
- Lunch service will look a bit different: We will maintain the buffet idea but guests will no longer be able to serve themselves. But you can still come back for seconds, thirds…
- Drink menus are now digital and touch free. All tables will feature a QR code for you to scan with your smartphone.
Personal hygiene protocols will continue to be in effect with all staff. Team members are required to wash and disinfect hands throughout the day and will be supplied with proper personal protective equipment (PPE) respective of their jobs. All beach chairs and lounges are sanitized prior to guest arrival. All sporting equipment is sanitized after each use. All guests will continue to have a private area which will be at least six feet from neighbors.
Everybody who enters MCB, whether guests or suppliers, are require to wear proper PPE. NO EXCEPTIONS.
We continue to closely monitor the current situation and look forward to communicating any changes.
IMPORTANT: Before you travel, we encourage you to perform a self-assessment COVID-19 health screen. If you or any persons in your travel party are experiencing any flu-like symptoms associated with COVID-19 including fever, chills, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, muscle ache or pain, sore throat or new loss of taste or smell or if you or anyone in your travel party have been exposed or in close contact with anyone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, please follow the recommendations of public health officials and stay home. For additional information concerning COVID-19 or a self-assessment COVID-19 health screening, please refer to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on their website. We reserve the right to restrict resort access for any persons experiencing or exhibiting any coronavirus or flu-like symptoms.
COVID-19 WARNING: Our resort is a beach facility. Please consider that there is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 or other infectious diseases in any place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and in some cases, death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, EVERYONE IS AT RISK of contracting COVID-19. Older adults and those with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable. Although we have implemented recommended practices to promote the health and safety for all of our guests and employees, we cannot ensure 100% or be held liable that our premises are free from contagions, whether caused by us or any of our guests or employees.
By voluntarily entering and being present at our facilities, you (and each person in your travel party) acknowledge and agree to accept complete and sole responsibility of the inherent risks associated with potential or actual exposure to infectious disease